Friday, September 11, 2009

"Don't Go Breaking My Art"


This afternoon I lint rolled two children whose mother had encouraged them to "swim" on their bellies across the studio floor. It is aqua. Like water. When they came up for air, they looked like little human hairballs. We do sweep up the cat hair every day. Almost. Monthly.

Yesterday morning, a visitor was admiring the "Dorman Dorey" sculpture and pulled out the fish. She threw it on the floor. A bizarre reaction, but I guess she thought she had broken it and wanted to let go of the evidence immediately. I pretended to be horrified for a long time and then realized that she really thought she had broken the sculpture and would possibly have to pay for it. I almost started singing "Don't Go Breaking My Art..." (the Elton John/ Kiki Dee version of course) but realized she wasn't THAT kind of person.

I told her that it wasn't broken.It is meant to come apart. She laughed like this....hahaha. I don't think I will ever see her again.

No comments: