Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Seamus Can't Keep His Hands to Himself...

I have to admit, I AM rather difficult. I can be very demanding and often ask a lot of HER. I really put her to the test this past spring. One morning, I asked her to make me a giant, life-sized wooden octopus candelabra. SHE said "SURE!" How great is that? She had no reservations, didn't complain or ask questions (what's the point) and went out to her workshop and made it! He is a gorgeous fellow and he looks fabulous in the gallery window. We figure he costs around $45 per pound and that IS expensive for octopus, but you can't hold a candle to Seamus!
Image: "Seamus Can't Keep His Hands to Himself" by Cara Kansala
and Pam Dorey
Currently on display at The Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador Main Gallery "Come All Ye, A Second Verse" Pam Dorey, Cara Kansala, Caroline Clarke

No comments: