Sunday, November 1, 2009

GULLS NIGHT OUT

About The Gulls......
I have a fondness for seagulls. They make me laugh. I can be in a melancholy state, spy two gulls dancing a tango outside my window and suddenly things seem quite alright. Some people think they are a nuisance, a bother, destructive and dirty... and sometimes they are.... but they also have lively debates, suffer through epic romances, put on comedy shows and have great scrapping quarrels. There is always a seagull soap opera going on outside my front window and the drama never ends. Sometimes I think they act up just to get me to come outside and toss a bit of bread their way. Other times I know things are quite serious indeed..... Victor really DID steal a kiss from Bob's gullfriend..... oh sure.... he says it was just a friendly peck on the cheek ... but Bob and I, we're not that gullible.

Hand carved, acrylic, mixed media54 x 56 x 4 cm (21" x 22" x 1.5")
Artist: Cara & Pam

1 comment:

Urve Manuel said...

Love it!! Love the chagull... great to have a sense of humour!