Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A VERY SHORT STORY

Last year, I covered our bathroom walls with painted fish. Then, I decided to paint a short story on the wall so that people could have something to read. It is a very short story. I have had more questions about this story than I can believe. Visitors to our studio come out of the washroom and bombard me with questions. I am befuddled. Here it is.
A VERY SHORT STORY
Terence the fish was born on May 10th. On May 11th he had to pee. Thinking it terribly undignified to pee in the water, he flung himself on to the nearest pier. He died 5 minutes later. THE END.
Questions I am asked.....
Why was his name Terence?
Why May 10th?
How come he didn't have to pee until the 11th?
Which one is he, on the wall? (That is actually interesting, because there IS a Terence fish hiding in the washroom...exed out eyes....charming!)
What happened to him after he died?
So many questions that I do not have the answers to.
Sometimes a short story is just SHORT.

No comments: