Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why I Never Paint Sill Life......

Even The Wee Italian Didn't Want Me to Paint the Sill
ME: "It is such a dreary day, I think I am going to paint the window sill."

HER: OH NO YOU ARE NOT!! I JUST PAINTED THAT ROOM WHITE LAST MONTH! CAN WE PLEASE JUST LEAVE IT ALONE? DO YOU HAVE TO PAINT EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE? I WOULD REALLY LIKE THE ROOM TO STAY WHITE......WHY DON'T YOU GO UP TO THE GOAT HOUSE AND PAINT SOMETHING THERE? CARA, I AM PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN ON THIS ONE!"

Wow! I am thinking that She really feels strongly about this. What I meant was that I was going to paint the window sill on canvas....the flowers, the blooms, the cat. On canvas. I wouldn't dream of painting over Her lovely, white room. I now have the choice of correcting Her and telling Her about the canvas and letting Her know that She misunderstood me OR I can let Her think that She is getting Her way and agree NOT to paint the window sill.
(because I am full of the badness.......)
ME: "Ok. You're right. We SHOULD just leave the window sill white.I'll go up to the studio"
HER:....full of relief,  "OK".

I'll let Her know later on or maybe when She reads this just how much impact  "PUTTING HER FOOT DOWN" had on me. I've no doubt what She stepped IN when the  foot went down........I just hope She takes Her boots off before coming into house.
P.S. Thank you SO much to G&S for the gorgeous flowers...it was such a fun lunch. Rose had a ball too!
      "Summer Sky" Upper Island Cove (detail) by Cara Kansala *Oil on Canvas

No comments: