Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wonder Woman Could Take A Peacock........Easy Peasy

When I was five I was chased by a pelican on Vanderbuilt Beach in Florida. At first, I was full of the terror then realized I was wearing my Wonder Woman Underoos and gave IT the fright of its' life. I refused to wear a bathing suit back then. Wonder Woman Underoos. That was it. I wouldn't wear anything else and thank Kevin we were in Florida because I wouldn't cover up my super heroine underwear either. I was the bees knees. Despite my brave face way back when, I am still leery of birds. They often won't look me in the eye and it is unnatural that some of them look so huge but weigh less than a whisper in the wind. Chickens, gulls, ducks...the whole lot of them. Dodgey. Lovely to watch soaring through the sky or clucking in the coop as long as I can keep my distance.You can imagine my unbridled terror the other day when I happened to glimpse a look-see at the Google history and saw the following two searches.........
1) Can you eat peacock eggs?
2) Caring for peacocks in a cold climate.......
PEACOCKS? They are the sneakiest, least trustworthy of all the birds in Birdom. They hide HUGE, eyeball fans under their tails. I know that each of those goggley feathers is gunning for me, giving me the stink eye. The pretty pretty colours are just there to confuse you before the attack. God only knows what else is under there. Woodpeckers....that I could handle. They are very up front about what they are going to do. You know where they stand. No surprises there.
I told Her that peacocks are not even up for discussion and if She does pursue it further, I will expect an adult ladies set of Wonder Woman Underoos to arrive in the mail to get me through it. And I won't be covering them up either. And I wouldn't say no to an invisible plane or a golden lasso. I'm just saying'......
Image: Birds of a feather by Cara Kansala 


5 comments:

Humskoogeei said...

I love your blogs. Love them. Wiping the tears now from the laughing

Anonymous said...

Not underoos but close.

http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-Cami-Panty-women/dp/B000E61FLS

Susan said...

Underoos! THAT's what they were called! I was Batgirl!

(And m'dear, apparently they do come in women's sizes... You could take on the world, nevermind a poly-eyeballed peacock)

Chad H said...

I wonder if you are open these days, we are getting off our little island tomorrow and are heading to Dildo, anyways, we are gonna head up for a drive and hope for the best!

Grumpy Goat Gallery said...

Hi Chad,

We don't open until the first Saturday in May...hopefully you can make it another time! Safe travels, Cara