Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HONK! If you love Honking!


In the Gallery...............
Knock!Knock! KNOCK! KNOCK!KNOCK! on the door.
I flip-flop- flap (my flip flops are too big and make an extra flap) to the front door and answer it.....like you would.
Lovely Lady: Hello.... I was uncomfortable about honking the horn. Do you have a doorbell?
Me: No I’m sorry, we just have the horn.
Lovely Lady: Oh. (she seemed a bit down)
Me: (I try to cheer her up a bit)  Well sure, I’ve  already answered the door though! Your knocking worked! Would you like to come in?
Lovely Lady: I would.....but a doorbell might be something to think about in the future.
After the Lovely Lady left, I had a think about the terrific uncomfortableness of honking the horn. She isn’t the first person to tell me this. There are a lot of anti-honkers out there who have yet to find their inner Honk. Shocking stuff! I would personally drive 25 miles out of my way to get the chance to honk a horn. When I was a wee girl I drove around all day on my banana bicycle, honking my horn, ringing my bell, streamers flying and drove half the neighbourhood soda crackers!
I decided to sacrifice my nifty cow bell to the elements and put it outside to keep the horns company. That way, people have an option. I labelled them so people would know what to do. (Even though we have the giant sign, we still get the fabulous darlings who run back to their cars and honk their car horns....LOVE.)
Bell and horn say “SHAKE ME “and “HONK ME”. I think the bell might be slightly less intimidating than the horn but I’ll have to wait and see. In my opinion, if you come over, you should just do both. After all, what if you had an accident and injured your horn-honking hand? You’d be out of commission for months!
Life is shortish. Ring the bell. Honk the horn. Honk it like you mean it! After all, it makes the goats smile and they know a lot about honking...........they have 2 horns each!

3 comments:

Lesley Ann Staples said...

Hi
I just love your art and your stories. those lovely ladies are real dear. thanks for all the laughs.

Rosa Robichaud said...

LOVE reading your blogs!!!!

In fact, this blog reminded me of this song... Looked it up on Google and thought I'd share with you.... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CVJFQkPkCg

Have a Terrific Thursday!

Rosa from Saint John, New Brunswick

glo said...

Will be eagerly watching for an update on the efficacy of the new door bell!