Thursday, October 8, 2009

When I Die, I hope Someone Has the Courtesy to Tie a Goat to my Tombstone

There was a goat tied to a tombstone in the cemetery up the road. I still want a goat of my own, but I am not allowed. She says that if I had ONE goat, I'd need two because the first one would be lonely. She thinks I would worry about the goats and think they were bored. She says I would end up getting them their own ipod and making them playlists of music that I think goats might like. She says I would make them outfits and knit them sweaters that they would eventually eat. She says, I would dress them up in Halloween costumes. She says she would come home one day and I would be playing Twister in the living room with two goats dressed in fairy costumes, 4 cats and a dog in a Robin Hood outfit, listening to "goat music" on the ipod.

SO?

Image: "Tuesday Morning We Fed the Goat,

Tuesday Night the Goat Fed Us"
by Cara and Pam 2006

Hand-Carved Pine, Acrylics, Mixed Media

1 comment:

Myrna Hynes said...

I'd probably be the same with the goats! haha :) So happy I came across your blog.
I have "tuesday morning..." and didn't realize there was a "tuesday evening..." Gasp! Poor little goat!
Love the whimsical colourful art - I have 3 in total of your prints (postcards) which are framed and sitting on a table in my living room. I have a picture of them on my blog :)