Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who Has the Whitest Blouse of All?


Today was the opening of the Annual Members Exhibit at the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador gallery on Duckworth Street. It is a fabulous show full of excellent work (I am on the gallery committee so I am a bit biased!!!) We are very proud of the two works that were accepted into the show and SHE took some lovely photos. Thanks to our friends who stopped by! SHE was very impressed with me today, as I didn't have any spills or disasters in my new white blouse. Today was its' third time out. SHE has a bet going as to how long I can last without causing carnal damage.....not really fair because white linen blouses are magnets for wine, grass stains, cat hair and paint... yes paint......I went into the studio to varnish a picture when I got home, so it would be dry tomorrow, and I rubbed my arm against a wet picture...blue. Whitey is hiding/soaking in a tub under the sink. I used the TIDE pen. Town clothes get me every time.
Image: "There Were Five Cats in French's Cove" by Cara Kansala and Pam Dorey Hand-carved wood/mixed media MIRROR

1 comment:

Brenda Stratton said...

The mirror is stunning! As always, I'm just a little envious. :)