Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One of My Legs is Definitely Longer Than the Other......

"The Juggler" by Cara *acrylic on wood
There was a lovely lady at the gallery the other day and I hope she was pulling my leg. 
Lovely Lady: Does Blanche belong to Rose?
Me: Yes!
Lovely Lady: Is Rose the mother of Blanche?
Me: Yes!
Lovely Lady: So, Rose HAD Blanche? I didn't know that you could cross breed goats and cats.
Me: .......................................................................
Lovely Lady: They have the same markings too!
Me: Well, Rose is more of an adoptive mother.
Lovely Lady ignores me and points to Vinnie, one of the backyard Raggle Taggle Gypsy-o Cats....is he the father then?
Rose and I both roll our eyes and hope our legs are being pulled......#1, because we both know that goats can't have kittens and #2, because Rose would NEVER go on a date with Vinnie.
Me: Well, I guess he COULD be the father, in a funny sort of world!
Lovely Lady: YES! I guess he could!

When she left, I thought my right leg felt a little bit longer. Either that or Rose and her 'off'-spring may soon be featured in National Geographic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose and Vinnie sitting in tree .....

NO way would this ever happen, it would be Blanche and Stanley ...

Silly lady

rooee said...

when i come to visit i will be keeping my lips zipped so as not to end up on a page of your blog! haaha