Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Toe-Tally Amazing Trip is Underway!

On Wednesday night I was packing for our artist-in-residence trip to Battle Harbour, Labrador.
HER: Why do you have a barbell on the floor.
Me: I am using it to keep the door open.
HER: I think you should move it, you are going to trip over it.
Me: UUUGGH, I am not 5 years old....you are always telling me what to do.

5 minutes later I am rolling on the floor in agonizing pain.
HER: Watcha doin'?
Me: mmmyyy foooot....
HER: Hmmm....looks like you've broken a toe..or two. Maybe three. One of them is pointing at the ceiling and the others are pointing at the floor. Do you want me to wait to say I told you so or say it now and get it over with?
Me: Nooowww.
HER: I told you so.

SO...off we went on Friday morning. Me and my broken toes tucked cozily into the yellow peril, Rosie and her purse full of Purina Goat Chow in the back. Our ferry was cancelled today due to rollicking rough seas so we all went up to L'Anse Aux Meadows. ICEBERGS! VIKINGS! HOORAY! To make matters even better, we were joined up here by Scout and Howdoyoudo Darling and we dined and wined like kings and queens at The Norseman. Yummaroo!
Tomorrow we all  ferry to Labrador and I can only imagine what adventures we'll have! I won't be able to blog for 6 days, so stay tuned for more from Rose and The Grumpy Goat Gallery!

"L'Anse aux Meadows" by Cara Kansala

Rose sees her first iceberg!

4 comments:

Rosa Robichaud said...

How is Rose managing on her trip?

No need for gravol?!??!?

Is she managing to hold herself in, better... or are you still stopping every 15 minutes or so? *grin*

Rosa
Saint John, New Brunswick

Xtine said...

I found your article in the Newfoundland Herald and was instantly in love! Your artwork is amazing, I bought two pieces already and looking forward to adding to my collection. Your blog is hilarious! I look forward to reading about your many humerous adventures and someday to come by your studio.

Rosa Robichaud said...

How are you all doing, eh?

Was Rose seasick on the ferry?!??!?

Rosa Robichaud
Saint John, NB

(worried 'bout you guys...)

Grumpy Goat Gallery said...

Thanks Rosa.... we are back safe and sound! Rose was a trooper!