Saturday, January 28, 2012

I've Got Sunshine, On a Cloudy Day.......

"Day Became Night" by Cara Kansala * Oil on Canvas* 4 feet x 3 feet
Detail......Lovely, chunky texture. Yum, Yum, Yum!
After a fabulous 3 day painting marathon I am taking a break, cooking up a storm for tonight's "Let's pretend We're in Italy!" dinner party for 8. The Bollito is simmering on the stove.The  Salsa Verde is waiting patiently. The Garlic infused Beans with Tuna and Celery Salad is chilling out in the refrigerator and the Strawberries are getting a bit raucous  in their Limoncello.SHE seems to be getting a bit tipsy from sneaking sneaks of the Limoncello sauce. At the rate She is going, by 4pm I should be able to tell her about the gallon pail of gesso I spilled in the loft yesterday. Everyone is coming shortly after that, so She can hardly get angry and chase me around with a rolling pin. There won't be time. And if I play my cards right and ply Her with enough wine, maybe I can even convince Her that Blanche did it! It's not nice to blame so many of my mishaps on the cats but they don't pay rent, don't help with the cleaning and never, ever offer to help wash the windows. I figure it is the price they have to pay. Besides, it's not whether you win or booze, it's how you place the blame.

No comments: