Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Fowl Day For Bird Watching.....


Image: "Lovebird" by Cara & Pam

Image: Hour 3, up the tree. At this point, Blanche wouldn't say no to a warm bed and a cup o' soup.

Blanche is one dedicated gal. Yesterday, she spent 4 hours patiently sitting in the bird-feeder tree, waiting for supper. Perhaps she was trying to catch a Valentine's Day present for Stanley. Maybe it was just a trap, to catch a bird and keep it for a pet. I'm not sure but clearly she is going about it the wrong way. She should be hidden from her target and she should should have at least 3 delights on offer.....perhaps peanut butter on a stick, suet AND birdseed. Soft music...."Sounds of the Forest" wouldn't hurt.
I know this because many years ago I waited for 4 hours in the shrubs myself. A plate of meatballs and sauce was the bait. There were a few lovely, Italian socks scattered around the pavement. Alas, I got my bird in the hand and now my goose is cooked. I hope Blanche knows what she's doing!!
P.S. On a different note, several minutes ago, I asked Her to please put my purse in the closet. Just now as I was typing away, BooBoo threw up into my open purse which was still on the floor. It is going to be one of those days.

No comments: