Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's a goat my Lord, in a half ton Ford, slowin' down to get a kick outta me...



Big, lovely box of delicious paints arrived from Curry's on Tuesday so I am going to work and leaving HER to Her own devices in the kitchen. She asked today, for wiener schnitzel but after the last German meal, it will be a long time before I fill Her hungriger bauch with saurkrout und wurstwaren.

 A few weeks ago, lovely friends were over for the big, German feast......

HER: BLAH...BLAH... BLAH...TRUCKS. TRUCKS! BLAH BLAH TRUCKS.  Running boards, trailer hitch, TORQUE, shock absorbers, stabilizer  bar, compression ratio, BLAH BLAH, double wishbone, TRUCKS, kinetic suspension, transfer case, crawl control. BLAH BLAH BLAH TRUCKS.

She is talking about trucks and I might die from the boredom  My heart is actually slowing down and I feel my pulse weakening. It goes on and on and on..........multi-dash terrain select, hood scoop, moon roof.

At least one of our guests is taking part in Her Truck-fest 2012, so that is good thing. I try to break in with offers of more kartoffelsalat or Paulaner....NOPE! SHE is on a roll!

ME: WELL, THE ONLY THING I KNOW ABOUT TRUCKS IS THAT A HALF TON TRUCK WEIGHS HALF A TON.

Silence.

She looks at me like I just stuck a steak knife in my eye socket while singing "Doe-A-Deer".

HER: BA-HA-HA! That is your best joke EVER!

Everyone chuckles and they all talk some more about the hemi engines.

I am glad that I was able to break in with a joke. It wasn't until later that I consulted with the Google and found out that half ton trucks don't actually weigh, half a ton.
....and I guess that stabilizer bars aren't delicious, blood-sugar regulating treats that you keep in your glove box, either.







1 comment:

Xtine said...

Fantastic! I am the proud owner of this beautiful piece! It graces our wall above our fireplace and recieves many compliments. We look forward to seeing what else you two create, and of course, what else I can add to my collection! :D